Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Banana Bread, Bicycles, Blunders, and More

Dear Family,

I love you, and love hearing about all the fun stuff that's going on. The 80th Stake Birthday Party sounds fun. I remember when our Stake had it's "Diamond Jubilee" (75th anniversary).

Mom, I'll look forward to that care package you're sending. . . I could use some pop-tarts ;) I bought a little pack that looked like pop-tarts, but wow, it was COMPLETELY different. Nothing whatsoever like a pop tart. . .

Well, this week was pretty cool. We did have a bit more down time as my companion needed to recoup a bit more from the crazy cold that attacked last week, but I think he's doing okay now. During that time, of course I was excited to try my hand at some new baking! Steamed Bread (a first for me, kind of like cupcakes), Banana Bread (another first, it actually turned out okay!), and a wretched Caramel apple upside-down cake in the frying pan. I burnt the caramel twice, and then the finished product cooked a little too long and was burnt as well.

Hey, onto better, and more important topics. Umetani San! Still amazing, still wonderful! We have lessons with her roughly twice a week, and see her on other occasions too. She accepted our challenge to read a page a day from the Book of Mormon, but is reading more! And to make things better, she's earnestly asking questions to help her understand more! We were able to meet with her and her husband for a bit yesterday, so hopefully we're getting a bit better of a relationship built with him. No new baptismal date yet, but it could potentially happen this month. I don't want to try to rush it though, so I might not be here - depending on if I transfer in September or not.

The bad news is that I'm once again riding a wretched grandma bike (mama chari), while I wait for my new wheel to arrive. Yay. . .

Random by-the-way announcement: August 6th marks one year since I graduated Basic Training (ROTC/National Guard)! Yay!

Saturday morning, we biked up to the Hei Sei Sports Park to participate in the last half of Branch Camp. We got to help host some games with the group (there were quite a few young, non-member friends there). I introduced the game, "Do You Love Your Neighbor". Wow, the scenery was SO cool. It made biking through the crazy rain so worth it.

Well, this week's Zone Conference, so we leave for Okayama tomorrow. I'm excited to see Atkin Choro again.

Thank you for your prayers, I've needed them a lot this week. I'm doing okay; but as usual, this week was rather topsy turvey with highs and lows.

Next week then,
Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!