Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Double Bubble, Toil and Trouble...

I'm doing SUPER! I'm doing my best at being obedient. I've finally tackled the bed-time commandment for the last two nights in a row, and I know I can keep going! I've been trying to pray fervently for more confidence and stronger faith. I think that a lot of miracles are around the corner. I was being a bit hard on myself. I'll work on that too. Part of my frustrations have also been from my companionship relations. Last transfer I had a bit of trouble struggling with what were probably judgmental thoughts; it felt like my companion wasn't being sincere. I conquered it, and started to just try and love him no matter what. And now with Elder Bronner. He's nice, and we seem to be getting along. I'm learning to rely on the atonement during those moments when he says something that isn't really meant to offend me, but makes me a little peeved (like excessive talking about how little time he has left). Just wait. Next week's letter will be even better! My attitude is getting better, and I know the things I need to work on right now. Interviews with Pres. Isa are on Wednesday. I expect it to be very good and helpful. Please contine praying for me -- for me to be able to be sincere in my prayers. I've read a lot of scriptures lately that talk about praying mightily, pouring soul into prayer, speaking in the energy of the soul (the end of Mosiah - Alma; I'm currently in Chapter 8 of Alma).

Well, with Halloween just around the corner the festivities have started! We went to Okayama on Saturday to help our Zone Leaders with their Halloween Party activity. Looks like the "Haunted House" we were running might have been a little too scary for 3 of the kids. . . But it turned out well! It also gave Elder Bronner a chance to re-connect with a former Brazilian investigator from the year before, that the missionaries had lost contact with. He had a LONG talk with him, and looks like his heart is starting to open again.

Hey, can you try to search the web for information about a Russian Cello Player living in Tokyo named Dimitri? We've met this man twice so far on the train to District Meeting. He's very nice; comes down to the Kurashiki area to teach lessons.

Our investigators seem to be doing well, especially the Brazilian ones. Wow, Elder Bronner has connected really well with them. It's amazing; being able to talk about the gospel in your native tongue ;)

We found a couple of new investigators last week. They're from the Philippines and speak very good English! We were trying to visit a referral, and then I got the thought to try and find a separate referral family that we had heard about. The first door we knocked. . . Not the other family, but these two brothers that are amazing!! Another appointment with them tonight!

I have to go, but I love you so much!!

Till next week,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!