Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm Still In Kurashiki

Transfers were last week, but I'm still in Kurashiki. Elder Daimler transferred to Yanai in Yamaguchi Prefecture. (They have a military base there, I'm jealous ;)  That transfer went by way too quickly. I had some very good times with Elder Daimler.

My new Companion is Elder Bronner from Kurichiba, Brazil (Parana State). He was in my Zone all throughout my Izumo experience, and was my District leader for my last two transfers there. So, it's not too weird. Elder Bronner is scheduled to finish the Mission in January. His Japanese and Kanji skills are amazing!

Yes, we have three Brazilian investigators, a Brazilian recent convert, and a couple of Brazilian less-active members so I am very happy that Elder Bronner is here. We had a really good lesson with Donna (one of our Brazilian investigators) on Wednesday. She's getting so close! And she called us yesterday to say that she had talked with her husband and told him EVERYTHING! She had to cancel our appointment for this Friday, but I am very optimistic about this!

Well, District Meeting last week was really cool. We held it outside at a Park by the Station. We had a very good discussion about the Book of Mormon, and Elder Packer (District Leader) shared Elder Holland's Talk from Conference (which I still haven't seen in English yet. . .). We each went out with a copy to try and use it in out Contacting. We had some really good conversations, including Tanaka-san (a 19 year old college student who I connected really well with). At the end, he didn't accept the book, but we left on very good terms! It was in Fukuyama City, so I might not see him again, but it helped my confidence a bit.

So, we met with the 64Cafe owner and his staff on Wednesday, and I taught them how to make apple crisp (actually using pear, because it tasted better with my recipe), but it was really fun. It was a first for me too! BAKING in a cafe! We're becoming pretty good friends. Now to extend the invitation!

We had the Ward Talent Show on Saturday. I performed the Ruaumoko Haka with Elder Bronner, and the Okayama Zone Leaders came down and performed it too. It was a cool experience, I'll try to send the video ;) I also played a song I wrote on the Piano a couple of years ago.

I've been working on waking up at 6:00 every day for extra Book of Mormon study, and it's helping a lot. I'm learning so much about the importance of planning and budgeting my time, and I give you my word that I will keep that going.

The church is true! I had a cool thought as I looked through some of the letters dad had sent to me earlier. "Have a wonderful week as you serve the King of Glory". Sometimes I kind of forget that fact. I'm not just here in Japan for some random reason. . . I'm here to serve the Lord, and I can receive his protection and help!

I love you so much,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!