Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Flu Strikes Again...

Yes, Elder Bronner got the flu. . . No, I haven't caught it (or at least if I did catch it, I've been drinking enough water to fill Deer Creek. . . maybe even twice over!). But it turns out that he probably did have the Swine Flu.  Sixteen church members from the Halloween party we were at a few weeks ago caught the swine flu. Elder Bronner contracted it at the same time, and even though the doctors didn't confirm whether it was the new type or not for Elder Bronner, we think it was. Maybe it's what I got back in Izumo with Elder Kajiuchi. . .

We were in the Apartment A LOT last week. Yes, I did get some good study done. And hey, Lacey and Mom would be proud of my desk, I got it all cleaned and organized (I promise I will be better about keeping my room clean when I get back!)

There isn't too much to report on this week due to sick time, BUT. . . If we hadn't been grounded for a few days, we could have had 50 hours of working time, and over 10 lessons. We had to cancel seven appointments. Yes, it can be nice to take a break once in a while, but being quarantined stinks. A member of the bishopric even stopped by (the Bishop and his family caught the flu too) to give us food (I LOVE this ward), and ask/tell us not to come to church. I guess numbers were pretty small this week, but one of our Brazilian investigators came with his Recent Convert mother!

Elder Bronner and I are very greatful for the food items and recipes you have sent so far. Thank you very much! I love and apreciate you SO much!

Well, in spite of the whole flu epidemic, I am doing quite well. I continue to learn a lot, especially through interacting with Elder Bronner. He's been helping me to realize that I can lighten up a bit, and not over-worry.

Love you!
Elder Peterson

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!