Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Launching Out Into the Deep

Week two of transfer eight! The Exchange with the Zone Leaders starts tonight, bringing Elder Goto (Japanese) here to Kurashiki, and sending Elder Eagar to Okayama with Elder Gatchell (St. George).

Zone Conference will be on Wednesday and, as always, I'm excited to receive the answers I need, that have come from listening to the counsel and teachings of President Isa and the others that speak with him.

Well, we have a goal of teaching 20 lessons a week, that's a mission-wide goal. This last week, my companion and I got closer to that goal than ever before. 18 lessons!! We're going to try to up it just a bit more this week!

Lately, the Mission theme has been "Launch Out Into the Deep - 2nd Stage". I heard the phrase 'Launch Out Into the Deep' my first day at the Mission Home, but I had no idea what it meant. I think I was still dreaming, and didn't really understand. Even after they mentioned it last Zone Meeting, I just barely started to understand. Recently, I've been floating around the shallow water close to the beach of my comfort zone. But, in order to find and teach those who are prepared to receive, I have to launch out further, breaking free from my comfort zone, and following the guidance of my Savior.

We've had a lot of small miracles this week, including a couple of lessons on the train home from Takahashi on Friday night. We asked a man if the train went to Kurashiki, he helped us, and then boarded the train. He started moving to the back of the train as we sat down near the front. I started to think "Shucks", but then he came back and sat down with us. Then his friend, who boared shortly after came and sat by us too. We had a very nice conversation, and got to teach these men about the Book of Mormon, and answer some of their questions. They didn't accept a copy, but we plan on seeing them again.

Well, life it wonderful! The weather is even getting a little bit warmer. Still pretty cold though, but maybe not as much as Utah.

Love you!
Paul

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!