Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Like Earth Right After Rain...

Yesterday was amazing. I had the privilige to see my dear friend Rosalie enter the waters of baptism. As I sat in the meeting, listening to the Japanese version of When I am Baptised, and singing it along with over half of the ward-members, I felt very nostalgic, remembering the feelings and imagery I received back when I was a child and first learned that song. The spirit was there. Rosalie seemed a little nervous, but you could tell that this was what she wanted to do. She felt very impressed, and bore a really powerful testimony, saying that words couldn't describe how she felt. What a wonderful experience. She will be confirmed in Sacrament meeting next week.

It was a little intense, helping her to prepare for baptism. We had to meet with her a few times, and even though it was the week of New Years, she made the time for us, and even had another meal with us on New Years Eve. So kind, and radiant!

I can definitely feel the winds of change starting to blow. Elder Bronner leaves for Hiroshima on transfer day this Thursday, so we'll see where I end up. Wherever I am, I think it's going to be a different ball game next transfer, because of the missionaries leaving the field, and how things might change. I'm excited... maybe a little nervous, but I'm ready to work!

Wow, we have been treated to meals a lot this last week, and looks like we have a few more ahead of us this week.

Life is good! Thank you for the prayers and support.
I love you all SOOOOO much.

Love,
Paul

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!