Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Is A Coming, The Goose Is Getting Fat...

...Please put a penny in the old man's hat!

Christmas is practically here! Is it not just the best time of the year!? And here I am in Kurashiki, Japan, serving the very King that was born all those years ago, the one whose birth we celebrate on the 25th!

My dear family, I love you so much. And I really am not very homesick. I'm being honest. I know where I am, why I'm here, and what I need to do. My life is in His hands, and I'm going to serve the best I can! Don't worry about me getting homesick after the phone call; I'm doing fantastic! I've listened to the Christmas CD you sent (With "I'll Be Home For Christmas") and the Family Christmas CD numerous times, and all I'm filled with is the spirit of Christmas. I remember after the Mother's Day Phone Call, I was on cloud nine the whole day, not homesick at all.

Rosalie (Philipino) is getting SOOOOOO close! We are going to set a baptismal date with her this week. We've talked with her about it before, and she instantly accepted the Word of Wisdom last week. Amazing!

This week was pretty exciting, but sadly I'm just about out of time, because another person wants to use the computer. But fear not little flock, we shall commune on Christmas morn!

My Dear Family! I love you, and I'm really doing well! I'm overcoming fears, and Elder Bronner has been giving me a lot of help with my teaching skills - helping me "Pass off" different principles, and even leading practice lessons. We've got 19 days left till he leaves. I try not to think too much about transfers and such. . . I will be entering my 8th Transfer period of my mission. Please pray for me as I continue to overcome my fears and open my mouth more.

Merry Christmas!

Love,
Paul

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!