Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, December 14, 2009

"It's Christmas!" (11 Days!)

I received the package from you, family, on Thursday! Music to my ears, and decadent treats for my partaking! (Well, I GUESS I will share a little with Elder Bronner ;). Elder Bronner was very thrilled by seeing "Companion" on some of the presents, and said that he loves you forever!

This last week threw us a few downs, but a whole lot of really good ups! Zone Conference was amazing, and once again, answered the questions that I have been pondering, and what I need to be doing to help things in Kurashiki progress.

One of our Philipino investigators appears to be REALLY close. She has been to church four times now, and has shared some amazing experiences with us; things that look like they are bringing her very close!

I've been feeling more opposition as of late, but probably because we've been working out some more bumps in the companionship and are more unified, and also because our investigators are doing so well. Please pray for them, including: Rosalie, Aiko, Shinichi, Tomoko, Makoto, Hidenori, Hideatsu, and Jacianna.

Oh I love the Christmas CD, and those Billington Family Chocolates are as divine as always! I'm saving most of the packages, especially the labeled ones, for Christmas, but we've been opening an unlabeled snack-like present every few days. Thank you so much!

We've only got around 26 days or so till the transfer ends, and we're in the midst of a mission Goal for 15 Baptisms for the Month of December. Please pray for us to be able to accomplish this. I know, it's not about the number, or baptizing someone to boast about it. This is a real serious cause, helping people come unto Christ, and changing their lives. I think Rosalie is the closest among those we are meeting with. Please keep her in your prayers.

I am SO Happy! We got to watch the First Presidency Christmas Fireside last night! I feel the Spirit of the Season! I LOVE Christmas! And don't worry, I'm still not trunky. I change the words on that CD to "I'll be home NEXT Christmas!"

I love and appreciate all of you oh so much! I feel good! I feel wonderful, and loved, and cared for! THANK YOU!

Till next week! (11 Days!!! :)
Love,
Paul

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!