Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, December 7, 2009

All I Want for Christmas...

Don't worry, I'm not getting homesick. And, even with Elder Bronner counting down the days (33 left) I'm not getting trunky. . . not really.

So we were walking through the amazing two-story dollar store megaplex recently, and Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" was playing on the radio. That brought back good memories ;)

Elder Bronner and I are doing great! We have been receiving a LOT of apples lately. WAY too many to eat, so we've made a few apple pies to give slices away to investigators and less active members. Wow, it smelled kind of like Christmas. We're feeling very optimistic, especially since one of our Philipino investigators looks like she's really close to baptism. She has been in contact with her member sister and brother, coming to church, and is still interested in learning more. We talked about baptism last time, so we hope to have a date set this week.

I think having Elder Bronner around is good for me. It's helping me get used to the teasing of an older brother (didn't really have that growing up). We're pretty unified, and are trying to be obedient and work hard. We have a goal to see a baptism before Elder Bronner heads home. I'm excited! We spent some time today with our other two Philipino Investigators, translating for them at a Job Assistence center. Things didn't really work out, but we took them out to eat at a REALLY delicious Indian and Tai all you can eat restaurant. So delicious!

Not too much to report on this week, but I am loving life.
Please keep me in your prayers. I'm doing okay, but the opposition is trying to rear up again. No worries, in the strength of the Lord I can and will do all things! Zone Conference on Wednesday! Yea!

We might be over at a member's house for Christmas.
Hey, is the 'Lude still alive and kicking? Or has good ol' Rusty passed away? (The car)

I'm thankful for you and your love. Yes, this is much more bearable thank boot camp. And wow, I keep having military dreams, once a week or so. I need to write Sergeant Walker, probably today, for my Annual Muster.

Anyway, you are amazing!

Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!