Changing to the Japan Fukuoka Mission

In February of 2010, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints published this statement to let its members know of changes happening in the Mission Field. Paul's mission, the Japan Hiroshima Mission, was one of the missions affected by this change. This is another article about the change to his mission. As of the first of July 2010, he is a part of the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

*As a side note, I stumbled upon Paul's new Mission President's blog where they have pictures of their missionaries. I don't know if there are any pictures of Paul, but I thought it was neat to see his mission from a different perspective!

Monday, November 30, 2009

And The Transfer Announcement Is.... (Part II)

Drum Roll Please. . . . . .

I'm staying in Kurashiki with Elder Bronner! He leaves for home in January, so this is his last transfer. Don't worry, as I've told him before, I'm a tough cookie. I haven't gotten really homesick. Even listening to the Family Christmas CD, I get good, spiritual, nostalgic feelings of Christmas, and the true reason of why we celebrate it.

I didn't really want to transfer anyway. There are a lot of people in our teaching pool right now. I think we'll be seeing some baptisms very soon. We have a goal to have Elder Bronner baptize before he heads home. Here we go!

I had a few ups and downs this week. We've been teaching an increasing amount of lessons, but should still be teaching more. But, as we discussed last night, we haven't been really unified. Even though my Japanese skills are growing, I still haven't been opening my mouth as much as I should. I've been trying, and sometimes it's just hard for me to jump into my companion's train of thought, but things are going to be better. We talked about a lot last night, some little problems that were keeping us from being completely unified. We haven't seen a whole lot of miracles lately, but after yesterday, I'm not worried. We both have things we're working on, and I feel Elder Bronner's concern and support. I'm excited for this transfer, and remain optimistic!

We had another Fiesta de Brazil (I know that's not proper Portugeuse. . . I think it's Spanish. . .) with our Brazilian investigators on Saturday. DELICIOUS!! And we even met a new potential investigator who speaks a little Japanese (which could help me communicate with him).

Well, today was pretty interesting. . . Brother Takata came over to teach us how to make "Nabe" using "Horumon" (Pig guts - YES, pig intestine. . . that's right). I must say that it didn't taste nearly as bad as the guts smelled, but it was a little weird. We had received A LOT of food from a less active family we went to visit, and had no idea how to use it. Yes, they even gave us the horumon. . . I could probably eat it again, but I didn't really go for seconds.

But guess what! Cucumber - OKAY! Mushrooms - also okay! Tomato - I'm just about there! I can eat them! I'm conquering my picky foods!

Happy Turkey Day (and Happy Lacey Day!!)!!!

Love you so much!
Elder Peterson

No comments:

"Lord of the Rings" Relates to Missionary Work

J.R.R. Tolkien, in The Fellowship of the Rings, wrote this:

"The road must be trod, but it will be very
hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will
carry us far upon it. This quest may be
attempted by the weak with as much hope as
the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds
that move the wheels of the world: Small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of
the great are elsewhere."


Alma 37:6 -- "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness
in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple
things are great things brought to pass; and small means
in many instances doth confound the wise."

By small and simple efforts, the young missionaries of the
church really can "confound the wise" and help the kingdom
roll forth!